Wednesday, May 1, 2013

WIP Wednesday 5/1

Happy May Day everyone!

I don't know how your households are fairing this spring, but this last week has done a real number on my two little ones. Both suffer from bad allergies and asthma, with the youngest classified as chronic/severe. Well those spring winds and blooming what-not's have reared their ugly heads and knocked both kids out this past week. I think we are *knock on wood* finally over the worst of it, but with the way things go, that could change at any minute.

I did manage to get a little bit of crocheting done this week, but it wasn't what I would have liked. I had an order for a newborn photo prop set of a beautiful hat with a large flower and diaper cover - done in grey and pale pink. It was GORGEOUS! I never put those colors together, but I'm thinking I may need to add a blanket of something to the shop in those colors. I can't seem to get them out of my mind! I finished the items and immediately took them over to our friend, so I didn't get a good shot of the set. Hopefully she'll get some good shots with the photographer!

Next up is the Crazy Blanket - I did NOTHING on it. But I think I figured out why it went so wonky. Its a HUGE blanket, and the stripes are vertical, so its crazy long. I used cheap worsted yarn I had in my stash, so I'm thinking the weight of the blanket is just too much and pulling it. It's beyond doing a blocking save, so it will definitely be a blanket that stays in the house (maybe hidden upstairs).

I started yet another baby bobble blanket for the supply at home with my stash. I have a show at the end of May, and those are so popular. Hopefully I'll be able to get a couple done before then. Here's the Baby Bobble Blanket started in ivory (about 1/3 done):


This is seriously my favorite non-pattern. I make it up as I go size-wise and I really don't have to think much while doing it.

Sadly, that blanket is the only one I have a photo of this week. I started a chevron blanket too, in blues/browns/ivory and I am loving that one, but I've only got a couple rows started. I promise I will have much done on it by next week and have a good photo to share ;-)

Moogly
Moogly

1 comment:

Ana BC said...

The bobbles look so cute...and good that you enjoy making them :-)